Monday, April 24, 2006

Goth

One of my neighbors (an occasional commentator here) came over to have me witness her postal vote (carefully hiding who she was voting for). In my eclectic and rapidly expanding book collection she spotted a title with Dracula in it, looked at my black tee-shirt, and asked if I was a Goth.
I said I have a streak, as I have of so many things. But the truth is that I was wearing black (sometimes) and loving monsters a couple of decades before Goths were invented.
Being a trailblazer is hard work, but somebody's gotta do it. :)

In any case, you can't really be a male goth. You can't wear make-up and not look gay. Just look at Kiss.
Female goths are cute though.
------------------
Blogger is acting up this week. "Posting" seems not to work, and then hours later suddenly there are five duplicates of the same post.

4 comments:

Steve said...

There's actually more to being Goth than just wearing black, but people just tend to look at the "Goths" that get focused on in the media, for better or for worse.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

There is almost a lot more to *anything* than you get from the media. You just can't get any real info in the two minutes the average person allots to finding out about something.

Anonymous said...

"In any case, you can't really be a male goth. You can't wear make-up and not look gay. Just look at Kiss."

That was the most amusing thing I have read all month.

"Female goths are cute though."

The truest thing I have read all month.

StarFields said...

"In any case, you can't really be a male goth. You can't wear make-up and not look gay. Just look at Kiss."

Hm ...

I hear that chicks like men in make up.

How many groupies do the boys from Kiss have? How many all together over the years?

And how many have I had ...

Get that make up - damn, shops closed, tomorrow!!