Thursday, December 29, 2005

Karrebæksminde photo


I visited the ole homestead over Christmas, and took some pictures (with the excellent compact-digicam Fujifilm F10), and this is one of the best results.
Fetch a large version (1000 pixels wide) or a very large version (1600 pixels)
It is the view from my sister's house. The church was one of the visual stable points of my childhood, and for many years I believed that churches always looked like that, they are that design, and white. Also (not visible in this picture) next to the church is a wonderful old windmill, and I also believed as a kid that a church and a windmill belonged together. Two things in close proximity are perceived as a unit.
By the way, my dad was the house painter master of the town, and he once renovated the whole church outside and inside, including the gilding of the clock and painting and marbling of the benches inside.

6 comments:

Zeppellina said...

Wonderful photograph, Eolake!

It looks like a really beautiful place to have grown up in.

You are a really good photographer,will you be posting some more, I think you should, they are quite stunning.

Zep.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Very kind of you.
I have more from the trip waiting in the wings, just need to make a page of them.

Hannah said...

Wow, amazing picture!

Do you also do some of the photography for Domai?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Only very occasionally, running the site has to be done every day.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know (or at least see) more, so did a bit of hunting around the Internet.

There's a site about the church at http://www.karrebaekkirke.dk/

... and a page on the windmill at http://www.moellearkivet.dk/index.php?id=1000&mill=64

Of course, not speaking Danish is a bit of a disadvantage with both of these sites!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Oh, well done, the second one I didn't even know about.
Gotta shoot the mill next time I am around.