Monday, May 16, 2016

The Overlords music

[By the way, is anybody interested in these music posts? They tend to attract a lot of crickets.]

The Overlords were much bigger in "the big foreign parts" (as Danes call the rest of the world), so I may not have heard of them if the creative mastermind Ian Ion (the talky chat in the brief Danish interview after the live video) had not been a close friend of one of my friends. But I'm glad I did, they did some great stuff.
(Ian also has or had a gorgeous girlfriend (Hi Jet) who makes a mean pasta.)



I think this live version of God's Eye is good. Though it's a bit on the long side, but that's expected of house/trance music for dancing. I really like the female singer. I think a female presence adds a lot to films and music.

Interview in Danish, Ian says: "I think there really is something to get when we go beyond the daily things. There is much more to life than what's on TV. So turn off your TV NOW!"
And the singer says: "I don't get why you say these things."

Here is one from their first album several years earlier, much different, this is a yang-version of Night Fever. It is funny too...

No comments: