Friday, August 06, 2010

Mary Roach: 10 things you didn't know about orgasm

Mary Roach: 10 things you didn't know about orgasm, TED Talk video.
For example, many people can get them from other things than genital stimulation.
Also, apparently more-often-than-weekly ejaculation keeps the sperm healthy. So masturbation is just basic instinct for the survival of the species.       :-)

Mary is cute. And funny.
She also shares that my native Denmark is ahead of the curve in pig reproduction, having established that if you stimulate a sow while artificially impregnating her, you get a six percent increase in piglet yield. Now, that's gotta be a weird job: "... sure, the real estate market is down, but I do OK. So what do you do?" -- "I give orgasms to sows."
Here is the kicker: she actually shows a clip from a DVD about how they do it. Now, this may be illegal to watch in the UK after their new law against erotica involving animals!!! (Which goes some ways to show that many sex laws are crazy.)
(OK, I'm not quite serious, since this clip is obviously educational, not erotica. But they do now have a law which includes illegality of erotica involving animals. As well as corpses! Neither is capable of giving consent, see...)

12 comments:

Tommy said...

Gee, I think we all need to take back those comments about Denmark. I mean, EO is right, they are way ahead of the curve when it comes to sows having sex. :-)

horoldba said...

Do butchers need to get obtain informed consent?

Tommy said...

Horaldba, I'd wonder...consent from whom.. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

It's a good point.

If a hunter kills a deer in season, the cop just tips his hat and wishes congratulations. I the guy has *sex* with the deer, he's arrested immediately. :-)

TC [Girl] said...

I just HOPE that that, um 'Fucker' got a PROMOTION from having had to share that RIDICULOUS stuff that he has to get up and do, everyday!! Oh, my! (eyes rolling)

(what a WASTE re: 'The Tooth Brusher'!!)

Speaker had a LOT of FUNNY stuff to share! ('Sushi in Oakland,' for instance. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Where did you find the Sushi thing? I hadn't noticed anything like that.

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"Where did you find the Sushi thing? I hadn't noticed anything like that."

The lady she interviewed who could give herself orgasms just by thinking about them. She had interviewed her in Oakland (California) "over Sushi." (2:50) She asked the woman if she could "do it" right there and the woman said that she preferred to finish her meal, first! lol! (priorities! lol!) And, then...she proceeded to "do it" outside on a park bench, afterwards. I would think that would be a little WILD to do...in front of a stranger! She must really have put her at ease! :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yeah, no kidding.

Tommy said...

An orgasm on demand. Wouldn't it be grand...:-)

I could just be sitting here typing on my keyboard and oops!!! time to put new panties on...

TC, I agree, "priorities! lol!"

TC [Girl] said...

Tommy said...
"An orgasm on demand. Wouldn't it be grand...:-) "

I could just be sitting here typing on my keyboard and oops!!! time to put new panties."

Don't think that's too difficult a "goal" to, um, "reach," Tommy. They claim that the mind is our "biggest" sex organ!

Essentially, I think that pics that dudes head over to DOMAI/GN to see are just an "enhancement" to "where" they're already, um, "headed"! lol! (sorry; unintended pun but it worked! :-)

I knew someone who was capable of such a "feat" as you mentioned, above (re: having to change "panties"). No visual was even there; only auditory. No "suggestive talk" involved; just a memory! Sent him "over the edge." Quite a compliment! :-P

Tommy said...

TC: "just an "enhancement" to "where" they're already, um, "headed"!"

Where they're headed!!! Works for me to..:-)

Actually, the truth be known..back when I was in the Navy I was sitting by myself writing a letter to my girl back home, fantasizing about our sexual exploits together and OOPS, I had to change my panties. Fortunately, no one noticed and I was able to "clean up" without anyone seeing. Phew!!!
So when you say, "the mind is our "biggest" sex organ", you are absolutely correct.

TC [Girl] said...

You're FUNNY, Tommy! Thanks for the story! See? Not so impossible, is it?! Anything in addition to the mind is just a BONUS! lol! ;-)