Sunday, March 14, 2010

iPad rotation lock

Remember I talked about how I was fervently hoping that the iPad would incorporate some sort of lock to screen rotation, so you can use it while lying on your side?
They did it! The button which used to be Mute is now Screen Rotation Lock. Zippidy!


There are also reports that pre-orders on the 'pad are through the roof. Apple is telling customers that if they change their order from delivery to in-store-pickup, it will create a new order, they'll go to the back of the queue, and they won't get it by April 3, meaning all they have now has already been ordered.
I had a feeling this would happen, which is why I ordered within a couple of hours after it went on sale.

By the way, I have added links to the top of my MacCreator site, which collects post from this blog about Apple, iPad, and such.

3 comments:

Monsieur Beep! said...

Oh yes we need this! I always go mad when I try to view flickr pictures on my TouchiPod from a different angle: it's impossible.

Mike said...

Eolake, are you going to let us know which of the various models of the iPad you have ordered?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Wifi, 16GB.