Saturday, April 25, 2009

Space after quotes

Some have been struggling with a Blogger bug in recent times: when making a comment after quoted text, the paragraph division between them often disappeared.
Pascal wrote:
I've just found out how to avoid the quotes ending up stuck to the following text. I just type a space after the italics and before he next line.

---
Blogger has so many bugs at the moment. I still have to try to remember to save a post before posting it, otherwise I often get an error message, and have to go to 'edit posts', and even then often the latests sentence has to be retyped. Highly irritating.

(Update: even after just typing the above, I still forgot it when hitting the 'post' button! Amazing.)

4 comments:

Ray said...

My two main beefs about Blogger are:

(1.) There's no easy way to send back any feedback to Google, to ask them to fix it.

(2.) After I finish composing my blog entry, I have to go back to the beginning of the text portion, and then carefully scroll through it to the ending of each line's text, and then move one more space to the start of the next line, and hit 'backspace' and then 'space' to re-format the blocks of text, or else it comes out looking like hell, because the word-wrap feature either isn't working, or there is none built in. This is a time-consuming aggravation we can all do without.

(3.) Has anyone else noticed that your preferred or selected font will sometimes revert to some other default setting if you pause while composing text to do something else such as add an image?

Has Google got rid of the people who once made it great? Guys like Gunnar and the Picasa design team?
How can we find out?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I haven't had your problems 2 and 3. (But then I never change the default font. Almost never.)

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

"Has Google got rid of the people who once made it great?"
Quite possible.

"I still forgot it when hitting the 'post' button! Amazing."
Then again, you ARE an amazing person no matter what. :-)

neeraj said...

Now I have also stumbled about this new bug a few times ... next time I will try the trick (assumed I don't forget;-).

Thanks for the tip.