Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sailor - Panama

Back in 1977 as a young lad I'd bought my first serious camera (a Konica TC), and I went nuts photographing that summer, and a record which is associated with that time for me is Sailor's LP "Trouble".

The video is a bit gay and they don't even show any cameras, but I still like the songs from that record, Panama (below), Girls-girls-girls, Glass of Champagne, The Old Nickelodeon Sound, it's good pop and they take me back to one of the most creatively expansive periods in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was an American GI stationed in Panama back then. I was assigned to operate Army boats - landing craft. I remember carrying Elsworth Bunker's negotiation team to Contadora Island when listening to some of these songs. Really takes me back.

Thanks, Mr. Stobblehouse.