Saturday, April 26, 2008

More on Sony A350

Quick note on the Sony A350: because if the very interesting tilting-screen live-view system, I was dismayed about some reports that the camera is noisy at high ISO settings. But now this is contradicted. Odd, I will have to read more.

It seems I'm not the only one who believes that looking at a viewfinder screen is not downside but an upside because it is closer to the finished product and makes it easier to compose with the whole picture in mind. (I've argued this a couple of times before.)

2 comments:

Monsieur Beep! said...

I agree with you basically.

I'm having problems with my Finepix Z 10 in bright daylight though, when I can barely see anything on the screen. That's when I miss the good old viewfinder.

And an extra shield contradicts the pocket camera idea.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, it does put a limit on compactness. But I think with future developments, that downside can be minimized, as it were.

Also, only the brightest screens and the highest resolutions are really useful.