Friday, October 06, 2006

Registering on sites


I am looking for an alternative groceries delivery here in Lancashire, because Sainsburys (which I'm otherwise really happy with) does not have crisp bread or any good muesli. So I am looking at their competitors like Tesco and Asda...
But they require me to register my name, address, phone number, and e-mail address before I can enter the online store and see if they have what I need!
How stupid is that? Imagine you want to enter a "real" store, and you are asked to fill out a form with personal information before you're allowed to enter. They'd lose half their potential customers that way.
And for no good purpose. If people like the store, service, and merchandise, they will buy and come back. If they don't, they won't. Pestering them for contact information in order to spam them later without permission will only irritate them.

No comments: