Monday, August 07, 2006

Tech talks


Thanks to Rockin', Shockin', Bloggin' David Pogue for the tip of the amazing free "Ted Talks" lectures.

Oh, and I agree with David: the Jeff Han talk/demo is amazing. I hope an interface like that comes to my computer very soon.

Another one, very important, is Ken Robinson:

"My contention is that creativity is as important in education as literacy, and we should treat it with the same status."
- Sir Ken Robinson

"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."
- Sir Ken Robinson

3 comments:

Douglas Eby said...

Screenwriter Charlie Kaufman (“Adaptation” and other films) has commented, “I'm a big proponent of failure. I would much rather see an honest failure in a movie than a slick piece of trash. I don't know what the ending is to anything. Nobody does.”

Many other creative and talented people also embrace so-called failure, and are quoted on my Talent Development Resources site, on the page
href="http://talentdevelop.com/failure.html">Failure

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Neil Gaiman said in an interview that he has a soft spot for "ambitious failures", like the movie "All That Jazz".

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

By the way, your link is missing the end tag.
http://talentdevelop.com/failure.html