Saturday, July 02, 2011

Adult Simpsons

It's funny how The Simpsons manages to stay on air and yet be sometimes distinctly not for children. For example school handy man, redheaded scotsman Willy is leaving in a huff, and saying to Principal Skinner: "now you won't have your Willy to slap around anymore".
And Skinner has been effectively imprisoned by rebellious school kids, they have put him into the sack which normally holds the dodge balls, only his head sticking out. Skinner tries to escape by telling the lab hamster: "chew through my ball sack". Oddly, the hamster sees nothing appealing about it and scurries away.

7 comments:

emptyspaces said...

Love that one...the kids are going through the permanent records and discover Skinner makes like $25K a year, then multiply it by his age. "He's a millionaire!"

eolake said...

Hah, yeah, with that kind of money he's definitely in the green!

Anonymous said...

Do teachers in the U.S. really make that little, or is that just exaggerated for effect? The Simpsons has many times made fun of how little teachers earn, as have other shows, but I doubt it could be this little...

eolake said...

A friend tells me they make between 40k and 80k.

Dave Nielsen said...

I doubt they make anywhere near that. I could maybe see 40, but 80? For an elementary school teacher? No. No way.

eolake said...

Did seem high. Might include all levels.

Anonymous said...

Based on the K-Mart clothes and shitbox cars I remember all my teachers having I can't see them even making 40K.