Monday, May 23, 2011

"Cashback" and Sean Ellis

Sean Ellis made the extraordinary film Cashback. It is in fact one of the rare movies I want more of: it has lots of beautiful nudity, and very little sex if any.

What's more, it's very much in tone with Domai and the stories in the letters there: somebody waking up to the stunning beauty of a nude female.

I wanted to ask Sean Ellis if he had read stuff on Domai.com, but I can't find a contact method. I found his facebook page, but this arcane secret society has clearly gone beyond me, for I can't see any way to contact him there either! It's a bit surreal, I thought these Social Websnatching sites were all about easy communication.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad it has absolutely nothing to say. The nudity's nice but can't make up for the extremely poor writing.

Mary said...

You need to get out more and experience real life......

Alex said...

I originally saw this as a short. I hear there is a long version. At 18 minutes it's just long enough to be an interesting concept, and a fun watch. I can't imagine watching a longer version, to take the central theme of a film and make it simply an element in a longer piece.

Oh,just read up, the original theme is kept whole, and sandwiched between two other "acts". That might just work.

Anonymous said...

You need to get out more and experience real life......

You keep thinking that if it helps you out. Unfortunately for anyone with taste, this movie (short and long versions) is a perfect example of style over substance.

TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eolake said...

Yes, it just might, if there's a story to fit it into. I saw the short years ago. I'm watching the long one now, but in bits at a time and I'm not done yet, so I'm not sure how great it is. But the principle holds anyway.

Alex said...

I remember some pleasant non sexual nudity in this film, but I don't remember any sex. I guess I'll need to watch the original again, and try the new version and write a proper review.

Dave Nielsen said...

In the end it's a very pervy idea. I'm not sure the women would appreciate what this guy does to them, no matter the purity of his motives. Imagine the same effect via drugs. Not quite so magical.